xxi, 298 p. : ill., facsims, maps, ports. ; 25 cm.
Papers tabled in Parliament but not ordered to be printed Library No.B.287 2002
This book reveals Queensland's history of the relationship between the Indigenous and Non-Indigenous peoples. It provides information which will assist in supporting Queensland government policy and initiatives aimed at reconciliation.
1. European documentation of the prehistory of Queensland
2. Explorers' observations of aboriginal peoples' and Torres Strait Islanders' culture
3. Settlers' first encounters with traditional owners
4. Early consequences of European occupation
5. The administration of the 1897 Act
6. The reality of 'living under the Act'
7. The continuing culture of indigenous Australians.
At foot of title: Queensland Heritage Trails Network.
Bibliography: p. 271-291.
Libraries Australia ID:
This record was constructed from data on Trove. Look at the original data on Trove
Note:Dewey number is taken from trove and may not correspond to the number on the book within the collection at Frontyard. We are working on a solution to finding books at the moment, if you want to be involved in creating a solution get in touch.