|Authors: ||Mead, Margaret., Nieuwenhuysen, J. P. (John Peter), 1937-, Lloyd, P. J. (Peter John), Committee for Economic Development of Australia|
|Publisher:||Cambridge ; Oakleigh, Vic. : Cambridge University Press,|
- There are 72 copies of this book in other libraries
- and 72 copies of this specific edition.
- xviii, 297 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Assesses the Australian economy's recent performance in achieving an environment which encourages sustainable economic growth with an equitable income distribution. The book goes on to pinpoint what is required to ensure vigorous growth with socially and environmentally acceptable outcomes for the future.
- Introduction / John Nieuwenhuysen, Peter Lloyd and Margaret Mead
- 1. Productivity boom: miracle or mirage? / Steve Dowrick
- 2. Australia in the international economy / Kym Anderson
- 3. Economic geography and growth in Australia / Kevin O'Connor, Robert J. Stimson and Scott Baum
- 4. Liberalism and economic policy / Fred Argy
- 5. Equity and growth / Ian Manning
- 6. Economic growth and the ethical state: refashioning an Australian settlement / Brian Howe
- 7. The environment, sustainable development and the Australian economy / David Throsby
- 8. New frontiers of growth / Terry Cutler
- 9. Innovation in Australia: where to now / Jane Marceau
- 10. Efficiency in capital markets / Bill Shields
- 11. Public governance and growth / Michael Keating
- 12. Corporate governance and growth Greg Turnidge
- 13. Unemployment / Jeff Borland
- 14. Efficiency in markets: labour and industrial relations / Mark Wooden
- 15. Human capital accumulation: education and immigration / Bruce Chapman and Glenn Withers
- 16. Demography and growth / Vince FitzGerald.·r.
- Bibliography: p. 290-291.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 0521812194 :
- 0521011205 (pbk.) :
|Libraries Australia ID:|