|Authors: ||Australian Pavilion., Biennale di Venezia (55th : 2013 : Venice, Italy)|
|Publisher:||Gent : MER. Paper Kunsthalle,|
- There are 31 copies of this book in other libraries
- and 26 copies of this specific edition.
- Gill, Simryn, 1959-, (artist.)
- 296 pages : illustrations (chiefly colour), facsimiles ; 26 cm.
- Here art grows on trees' features Simryn Gill's latest works commissioned for the Australian Pavilion at the 55th Venice Biennale. Edited by the exhibition curator, Catherine de Zegher, this limited edition monograph includes more than 100 artwork plates printed on different paper stocks that demonstrate the generative and cyclic nature in Gill's remarkable oeuvre of quotidian beauty. The essays by leading international thinkers and writers include: Catherine de Zegher (On Line. Drawing Through the Twentieth Century, MoMA); Carol Armstrong (Scenes in a Library, MIT Press); Lilian Chee (Conserving Domesticity, ORO Editions); Ross Gibson (26 Views of a Starburst World, UWA Press); Kajri Jain (Gods in the Bazaar, DUP Books); Brian Massumi (Semblance and Event, MIT Press); and Michael Taussig (What Color is The Sacred? UCP).0Exhibition: Venice Art Biennale, Italy (01.06.-24.11.2013). 0.
- At home between dream shells, stardust and shell jetty no. 3 PD / Catherine de Zegher
- Words-paper-insects-photographs / Carol Armstrong
- Picturing the tropics within / Lilian Chee
- Pause / Kajri Jain
- Making to place : in the artist's words, refracted / Brian Massumi
- Reverse engineering / Michael Taussig
- Motility / Ross Gibson.
- Catalogue of an exhibition held for the Australian Pavilion at the 55th International Art Exhibition-- la Biennale di Venezia June 1-November 24, 2013.
- Includes bibliographical references.
|Libraries Australia ID:|