|Authors: ||Ngui, Matthew., Storer, Russell., Museum of Contemporary Art (Sydney, N.S.W.), Institute of Contemporary Arts Singapore, John Curtin Gallery|
|Publisher:||Sydney : Museum of Contemporary Art,|
- There are 14 copies of this book in other libraries
- and 14 copies of this specific edition.
- 128 p. : col. ill., col. ports. ; 25 cm.
- Born in Singapore in 1962 and based in Perth for the past two decades, internationally recognised artist Matthew Ngui has been featured in the Sao Paulo Biennial (1996), Documenta X (1997), the Venice Biennale (2001) and the Gwang ju Biennale (2002). Encompassing works from 1989 to the present, this book explores cultural and social values through installation and video works which transform images, objects and experiences from everyday life. The book also includes new work made specifically for the MCA.
- Matthew Ngui : line drawing / Russell Storer
- The citizen ambassador / Trevor Smith
- Defying gravity / Nola Farman
- Infiltrations non homogènes / Catherine David
- Life and death in the work of Matthew Ngui / Ho Tzu Nyen
- Matthew Ngui in conversation with Hans Ulrich Obrist.
- Includes index.
- First published on the occasion of the exhibition Mathew Ngui: Points of View, held at Museum of Contemporary Art, Sydney: 4 June-12 August 2007 ; Institute of Contemporary Arts, Singapore, 4 October - 18 November 2007 ; and John Curtin Gallery, Perth, 8 February - 20 March 2008.
- Curator: Russell Storer.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Museum of Contemporary Art Limited, Institute of Contemporary Arts Singapore, LASALLE, the artists, authors and photographers.
|Libraries Australia ID:|