|Authors: ||Wissler, Rod., Australian Academy of the Humanities, Australian Research Council. Learned Academies Special Projects Scheme.|
|Publisher:||Flaxton, Qld. : Post Pressed,|
- There are 50 copies of this book in other libraries
- and 50 copies of this specific edition.
|Frontyard Notes:||BFs Studio|
- Innovation in Australian arts, media and design.
- xxi, 276 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- This book presents the outcomes of a two year enquiry into creative practice as research in Australian Higher Education. The study was funded through the Australian Research Council's Learned Academies Special Projects scheme and involved the strong support of the Australian Academy of the Humanities.
- Pt I: Disciplines in transition. 1. The visual arts - an aesthetic of labyrinthine form / Charles Green
- 2. Dance - the dance ensemble as a creative system / Shirley McKechnie
- 3. Drama - the Gekidan Kaitaisha-NYID 'Journey to con-fusion' / Peter Eckersall
- 4. Creative writing - the House of Words in the new millennium / Jeri Kroll
- 5. Music / Barry Bignell
- 6. The moving image - quickness / Ross Gibson
- 7. Interactive media - on modes of interaction in art systems / Ernest Edmonds
- 8. On shifting grounds - architecture, landscape and planning / Bharat Dave
- 9. Industrial design / John Redmond
- 10. Media and communication / Terry Flew
- Pt II: Institutions in transition. 11. Network building in the digital age / Paul Thomas
- 12. Network of perish? / Michael Keane
- 13. Copyright liability of universities in the networked environment / Brian Fitzgerald
- 14. Creative practice and critical thinking / Nikos Papastergiadis
- 15. Building a research profile within the creative arts / Elizabeth Presa
- 16. Research training for arts, media, and design / Brad Haseman
- 17. Prometheus bound: art, science, creativity, and the imagination / Nigel Helyer
- Pt III: Policy in transition. 18. Creative arts and the national research priorities / Malcolm Gillies
- 19. The humanities, creative arts, and the innovation agenda / Stuart Cunningham
- 20. Research outputs - up for auction / Rod Wissler
- 21. Challenges for the tertiary sector - emerging partnerships / Margaret Seares
- 22. Conclusion / Rod Wissler, Brad Haseman, Michael Keane.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Libraries Australia ID:|