|Authors: ||Anderson, Frances E., Illinois State Univ., Normal. Dept. of Specialized Educational Development., Illinois State Univ., Normal. Dept. of Art.|
|Publisher:||[Washington, D.C.] : Distributed by ERIC Clearinghouse,|
- There are 1 copies of this book in other libraries
- and 1 copies of this specific edition.
|Frontyard Notes:||NOT MICROFORM!|
- The document reports on a project to develop increased communication between art and special education teachers about common problems in educating handicapped children in art, to expand knowledge via "hands on" art experiences, to develop ways to utilize art to assist learning in other academic areas, and to familiarize art teachers with current methodologies in special education. The grant report includes an overview and sections addressing project background, needs assessment, and key components of a successful training model. Subsequent sections review evaluation methods, five points contributing to the success of the model, and sample workshop schedules. The bulk of the report contains field assignment reports with the following titles and authors: "An Art Activity with and for the Trainable Student" (L. Morrison); "String and Wood Printing" (A. Chikaraishi); "Art amd the Special Child" (M. Kichinko); "Vocational Education Art Project" (G. Ammann); "Slidemaking, Consumer Education and English--An Integrated Art Activity" (C. Schlee); "The Proud Dinosaur" (L. McDonald); "Dreams, Houses and Other 'Makeables'" (S. Ciminero); "The Beast in the Bathtub" (D. Miller); "Relief Printing" (R. Sereno); "What Joyful Learning!" (R. Downs); "Learning Can Be Easy" (W. Riseman); "The Four 'R's' (Reading, Writing, Arithmetic and Art) Plus Science" (M. Chilton); "Art as a Positive Environment for the Learning Disabled" (J. Tamminga); "The Invisible Body" (S. Davenport); "Boy, Was I Surprised!" (B. Watts); "Cartoon Enlargement Using the Grid Method" (C. Henry); "From Thoughts to Reality Through Art" (D. Cinkovich); "The Shapes and Colors" (M. Esper); "Art as an Aid to Reasoning, Measurement and Placement Order" (E. Proska); "Paper Weaving" (M. Scott); "A Christmas Printing Activity" (J. Weaver); "Integrating Social Science, Science, Math and Language Arts Through Art" (G. Newlands); "Oral Comprehension, Memory and Sequencing Through Art Activities" (J. Haefner); "Art and the Bilingual Child" (K. Lilly); "Waxed Paper Leaf and Crayon Laminations" (L. Schorie); and "Painted Stuffed Fish" (C. Ponto). (SB)
- Availability: Illinois State University, Normal, IL 61761; The National Committee, Arts for the Handicapped, 1825 Connecticut Ave., N.W., Suite 418, Washington, DC 20009 ($3.50 each, $3.00 each in quantities of 10 or more, prepaid by check or purchase order).
- Sponsoring Agency: Bureau of Education for the Handicapped (DHEW/OE), Washington, DC.
- Contract Number: G007801463.
- Microfiche. [Washington D.C.] : ERIC Clearinghouse. microfiches : positive.
|Libraries Australia ID:|