|Authors: ||Witte de With, centrum voor hedendaagse kunst|
|Publisher:||Rotterdam : Witte de With, Center for Contemporary Art,|
- There are 1 copies of this book in other libraries
- and 1 copies of this specific edition.
- 128 p. : ill. (some col.), plates ; 24 cm.
- "Unfolds around the exhibitions presented at Witte de With since the beginning of the year. Based on texts or literary contributions directly related to the particular exhibition, special contributions from artists, and essays that have furnished essential references for the elaboration of projects or exhibitions, this issue is organized around the possibilities to conceive contemporary culture and identity beyond geography" -- Foreword.
- Contents. Foreword / Bartomeu Marí
- Constant New Babylon
- Fareed Armaly, From/To
- Fortuyn/O'Brien, House & garden
- Nationalities of language : Adorno's Fremdwörter / Thomas Y. Levin
- The exhibition Constant New Babylon supplemented by the essays: New Babylon today : discussion with Hilde Heynen, Thomas Y. Levin, Frédéric Migayrou and Mark Wigley.
- The exhibition From/To supplemented by the essays: The genre of the everyday ; Impenetrable beings / Tzvetan Todorov
- Whatever ; Example ; Homonyms / Giorgio Agamben
- An uncertain notion : European citizenship / Sami Naïr.
- The exhibition House & garden supplemented by the essays: The naturalist mirage / Clément Rosset
- The garden / Paul Bowles.
- The exhibition Constant New Babylon "a project ... [of] Constant Nieuwenhuys" -- p. 6.
- All essays supplementing the exhibitions From/To and House & Garden previously published in various journals 1973-1997; essays by Todorov, Rosset & Naïr originally published in French.
- "September 1999"
|Libraries Australia ID:|