|Authors: ||Barnes, Carolyn (Carolyn Louise)|
|Publisher:||Marrickville, N.S.W. : Sydney Non-Objective,|
- There are 3 copies of this book in other libraries
- and 3 copies of this specific edition.
- Sydney Non Objective 2005-2010
- 1 v. (unpaged) : ill. (some col.), ports. ; 23 cm. + 1 compact optical disc (4 3/4 in.).
- "This essay, by contrast, concerns an artist-initiated gallery with a deep and specific investment in aesthetics frameworks and the threads of art history. This specificity of engagement begins with explicit and unique connection to the gallery's national context and to a distinct set of art practices: non-objective, concrete and new abstractionist forms of art understood by their makers as contemporary in style and intent. In a period in which the art system privileges diversity, expansiveness, boundary-crossing and diffusion, the name Sydney Non Objective (henceforth SNO) bears witness to exacting, self-limited interests in ways that are simultaneously straightforward, complex and involve a deliberate degree of risk ... SNO models a cosmopolitanism outlook for Australian art, one that holds that individuals, cultures and societies can engage with things outside their immediate locality without losing their identity or authenticity. In focusing on the non-objective, the cohesive character of SNO's exhibition program raises salient questions about the neglect of commonality and difference in a period of art marked by the plurality of conseptual positions, practices, media and mediatory contexts."--Carolyn Barnes.
- Catalogue of exhibitions from SNO 1 (March 25, 2005) to SNO 57 (March 13-28th, 2010) held at different venues of Sydney and Melbourne.
|Libraries Australia ID:|