|Authors: ||Brown, Phil, 1956-, ((author.))|
- There are 40 copies of this book in other libraries
- and 40 copies of this specific edition.
- Brown, Phil, 1956-, (author.)
- 1 online resource.
- 256 p. ; 20 cm.
- x, 269 p. ; 20 cm.
- Journalist-about-town Phil Brown has travelled widely but always reluctantly. Whether pursuing a tailor-made suit in the back alleys of Hong Kong, souvenir hunting in Ubud or dodging potholes on the road to Kathmandu, he shoulders a veritable kitbag of travel phobias.With his more adventurous wife Sandra, Phil worries his way around the world, seeking the comfort of cable TV and 24-hour room service. Against his better judgment, he tackles the rainswept peaks of Scotland, the icy alienation of the Rockies and even the high Himalayas.Fear not - Travels with My Angst is the perfect travelling co.
- Phil Brown has travelled widely but reluctantly since his Hong Kong childhood. With a veritable kitbag of phobias at his disposal, he finds any exotic destination a special challenge. With his more adventurous wife Sandra, Phil worries his way around the world, seeking the perfection of unlimited cable TV channels.
- Cover; About Phil Brown; Title Page; Dedication; Contents; Acknowledgments; The Man in the Dung-Coloured Suit; A Trek Too Far; Is there a Doctor on the Island?; Curse of the Abominable Snowboard; Around Loch Ness...By Taxi; The Mongkok Duck Mystery; Munro Madness; Hanging Ten in Hong Kong; Club Med Castastrophe; My Brother is Artist; Hamilton Island Horror; Copyright.
- Print version Brown, Phil Travels With My Angst Chicago : University of Queensland Press,c2004 9780702233579
- 0702233579 :
|Libraries Australia ID:|